Sue’s Chorizo and Bean Casserole
Below is a delicious recipe that Sue regularly makes for supper or Saturday Lunch.
- About 190 – 200 grams of whole Suffolk Chorizo – chopped into 3 cm chunks. Click here to buy our Chorizo online
- 400 gram tinned tomatoes (or if you have loads in the garden use about 200 grams of fresh tomatoes- If using fresh tomatoes pour over boiling water and after a minute drain and slip off the skins and roughly chop.)
- 1 Red Pepper – Sliced and cut into 2.5 cm strips.
- 2 cloves of garlic – Peel and thickly sliced.
- 1 Red Onion.
- 150 ml dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon of sherry vinegar.
- 400 gram tin of butter beans (or you can use Chick peas)
- ½ teaspoon of smoked Paprika.
- Olive Oil
- Heat oil in medium sized casserole dish. Peel and slice the onion roughly and add to oil. Soften the onion and allow to colour at the edges – will take about 10 minutes.
- Add the pepper and chorizo to the onions and toss about and cook until they colour a little around the edges and the chorizo oils start to warm up. Add the garlic and the tomatoes with the Beans to this sauce.
- Add the sherry and sherry vinegar. Add a little salt to taste.You can now gently simmer on the top of your oven for about 20 minutes with the lid on, removing lid after this time and allow to reduce for about 10 minutes.
Or you can pop in a slow cooker on low for when you get home from work, or pop in the bottom of the AGA.
Serve with green cabbage, New Potatoes etc. Or with a Jacket Potato.